April 08, 2013

Swami Rara Review

A fresh wave of change.
A sincere attempt at bringing a new style of film making into Telugu cinema.
An apt inspiration from the likes of Quentin Tarantino and Ram Gopal Verma with a sleek implementation.

Swami Rara is definitely all of the above. There was only one question that people preferred to ask me when I told them that I had watched Swami Rara over the last weekend. Why Swami Rara? Nikhil can never be a reason to watch a movie. Swathi is a natural but may not be a reason that big to drive me to the theatre. But, one of my acquaintance's close association with the film and the teaser and songs that he had been promoting all along on Facebook one month prior to its release definitely made me make up my mind that I was going to go watch it anytime before it's taken out. 

Now coming to the quintessential question
Why Swami Rara?
Gun violence and the famous Quentin Tarantino branded slow motion shots were beautifully captured. The climax scene reminded me of the chaotic fun that Ram Gopal Verma happened to create once with his Money series. Engaging plot. Subtle comedy that is never forced on to you. Music that sounds different from the usual Thaman, Mani Sharma etc. crop.

It is a pity and concern that a natural and spontaneous actress like Swathi has never been given a proper foothold in the industry. And, I still doubt if it is going to change with this film. Nobody else could have played her character the way she did. I hope she gets her due at least now.

 My rating for this film - ****
(* You will shoot me
** Waste of time
*** Can sit through
**** Worth watching once
***** Must watch)

No comments:

Post a Comment